We are looking for a Learning Facilitator!
SOS Children's Villages is an independent, non-governmental international development organisation which has been working to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children since 1949. There are ca. 400 children and young people living in the care of SOS Children's Villages Hungary, out of which 200 live in the Kecskemét area with 12 foster families and in the Youth Facilities.
The position is part of a project funded by the European Union. The selected person will take the role as a volunteer for 12 months, however, all necessary expenses are covered, such as travel costs (Italy – Hungary – Italy), local transportation costs, accommodation, meal allowance, insurance (including dental and ophthalmological treatments), training courses, language course and pocket money.
Location: Kecskemét city, Hungary
Project duration: 2017. 04. 01 – 2018. 04. 01.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- take part in the everyday life of children, youngsters and foster families, e.g. helping to accompany children to the nursery and school,
- tutor children on school subjects and organise language classes,
- organise different outdoor activities and excursions,
- organise different workshops (arts, crafts, dance etc.) in the workshop of the village (which is well-equipped with materials),
- investigate the structure of the labour market in the area of the Village (e.g. through getting in touch with the local EURES office) and provide opportunities for the children to familiarize themselves with different professions,
- organise intercultural events (e.g. intercultural nights; European values presentation, international volunteer programme opportunities etc.),
- assist and lead summer camps,
- support administrative work.
We are looking for you, if you:
- are a dedicated person with experience in working with children and/or teenagers,
- are proficient in English,
- have a passion that you are eager to share: like a sport activity, music, theatre etc.,
- have good organisational and facilitation skills,
- are proactive and able to work independently,
- are younger than 30 years-old, an EU citizen, with a permanent residency permit in Italy.
How to apply:
- all project related costs covered as stated above (equivalent to the net salary of programme coordinator in Hungary),
- work experience in one of the biggest international NGOs in the world,
- mentoring and professional support,
- leadership and child-care related trainings
- good working environment and friendly co-workers,
- possibility to learn Hungarian.
Please send your CV in an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject ’EVS in Kecskemét_your name’, telling us how you match the requirements and what makes you the great learning facilitator we want to have around!
Deadline of application: 29th March.
If you have any questions, please contact our volunteer programme coordinator: